What does getting old look like for you?
While driving home after work, I pull up to a red light and I see an elderly man crossing the street. Now normally thins wouldn’t capture so much of my attention, but I couldn’t help but notice how the man was hunched over with a walker.
This then led me to think about what does the process of ageing look like? Many people talk about how as you age you start having pains, you start slowing down, you can’t recover as quickly as you used to. My mind started racing on the idea of what if we lived our younger years with the intent of being as able body and mentally quick as we are in our 20s. What would one have to do to make that a reality?
I believe that for one to age pain-free while maintaining youthful energy are things have to be taken care of. Our Mental, Physical, Spiritual, and Health. Let’s break these down.
- One would have to live a life on continuous learning. Be it a skill, language, hobby, etc. Keep the brain sharp is crucial.
- We would have to do something that keeps us thinking, solving, and learning.
- As they say a body in motion stays in motion. Just like a bicycle chain if it not well maintained or stays still it will begin to rust or breakdown. The body is the same.
- Doing any form of exercise is highly advantageous versus doing nothing and sitting all day.
- Find something tt keeps the body moving in more ways than one.
- Keeping a balance withing ourselves is crucial to thwarting off negative thought and energy.
- Doing things like listening to music, reading, meditating, Journaling, have thoughtful conversations, having sex are all great ways to keep you ENERGIZED from within.
- In ageing youthfully the body needs to be nourished the best way possible.
- Doing things like eating quality food, laughing, having fun & creative thoughts.
- Keeping a child-like imagination is another crucial thing.
Reverse Gossip – Talk good behind people’s back
I keep thinking about what it would be like if everyone when talking behind people’s back only spoke about the good. This would potentially change how people’s reputation precedes them.
At the same time, this can increase the level of excitement when meeting said, person. Or help us have a new appreciation form someone we already know.
My dream is to live in a world where people constantly amplify the good in others. this reminds me of a quote
“It never hurts to see the good in someone. They often act better because of it.” -Nelson Mandela
This is one of the quotes that greatly explains the way I view my interactions with other people. We all have good and evil within us, the goal is to keep feeding the good versus the evil.
This is a two-pronged approach to things. One one end the more we talk good about people the more we improve our skills of talking up. We are also forced to use more positive words in our day to day that will feed our subconscious. On the other end, this forces us to get good at seeing the best in people. No matter who we meet we all have both degrees of good and bad.
I personally continue to practice seeing the good in people versus putting light on the negative.